beading

more earrings (no pix, sorry)

There was a trip to the bead store.  I pulled off enough materials for two sets of earrings for under $20 (without tax).  At present, I’ve only made one pair, which is a set using what looks like nickel-free brass and charoite (I might as well note what it is, since I might forget, and writing “violet stone” isn’t really keeping that much more anonymity).

This is my first time using the nickel-free brass.  It’s actually really soft — not bad to work with.  I haven’t used it in ear wires, yet.  I have a bit of hesitation there because of my allergies (I know I’m sensitive to nickel, but I realistically have no idea what is in the nickel-free brass besides copper and tin), and because brass in general tends to discolor (skin) where it is next to skin.

This doesn’t really matter if I’m only using it for parts that will not be next to skin, as is the case with these earrings.  I do have a site scoped out where I can pick up a little material to experiment with, but for now these are on gold-filled earwires.